Council tax query

Hello!

I know similar questions have been asked before, and I am trying to speak to a human in my council (hammersmith and fulham) but it's impossible. I moved into a new property in August, I tried to set up a direct debit with the council. As I found it impossible both through the phone or online, I decided to pay every month through the webpage using the bill that got sent to us when we moved in. Is this wrong? I am trying to set up the thing again, I am an EU citizen and want to have my name in as many bills as possible to prove that I have been living here.

I'm really sorry if this is a silly question, but I really don't know who to ask

Thanks for the help

London | 👁 645 | Posted April 18, 2018 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: April 18, 2018 | Author:

Hjws27 10 months ago

In my experience with Lambeth (3 flats) they take a while to set it up. Did you set up online? It may be worth giving them a call and seeing whether they've received your request and when it will be processed.

sidolin 10 months ago

I've only ever really had to deal with the council to get a parking permit, but if just go to the Town Hall in King Street you'll find real humans there. Up the escalator to the side.

Lolworth 10 months ago

Indeed, and it should be entirely possible, after all thats how the vast majority will be paying

DiscoParrot 10 months ago

Somewhat related question - I set up a direct debit on the Lambeth Council website last week, but I checked my bank account this morning and it hadn't been taken out. Should I chase them up or just leave it?

8un008 10 months ago

You could always try going to their offices in person if you are having trouble getting through to a human. It might take more time, but atlas there are people there that you could talk to about it.

lgfa92 10 months ago

You can set up the Direct Debit online - https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/council-tax/council-tax-ways-pay

tollillo 10 months ago

I managed to speak to a human today, mentioned setting up a direct debit and he sent me back to the beginning of the stupid phone call AGAIN. I almost throw my phone off the window I'll report back too if there is any developments

Oddworld_Inhabitant 10 months ago

Mate are you me? I've just moved into Hammersmith and it's like they don't want my money. I can't help at the moment but if get things sorted I'll report back.